|Formal Practice||Body Scan Track 2|
|Informal Practice||Waking up in the morning – Moment to moment morning awareness
– Limitless list
– Zero in on what you are doing and how you are feeling while doing it
– Might be more comfortable to zero in on one activity always for every day throughout the week
Eat at least one meal during the week mindfully
|Formal Practice||Continue with Body Scan (Track 2)
In addition – Mindfulness of breathing for 10 minutes (Track 4)
|Informal Practice||Mindfulness of everyday morning activities
– choosing a NEW one in addition to the last weeks morning activity
Be aware of One pleasant event per day throughout the week
– Keep a calendar/journal jotting down:
|Formal Practice||Stop Body Scan and replace with longer daily sittings
– each preceded with gentle Mindful Yoga (Track 3)
– Make sure the place you sit is prepared and ready for practice
– Start with Mindful Yoga, then begin Track 4 and 5
*Remember to treat yoga conservatively listening carefully to your body as you practice – make sure to check with your doctor if you have chronic pain, musculo-skeletal problems., any lung or heart disease before beginning.
Begin practicing the 3 minute “Breathing Space (Track 7)
– (3 times a day at set times you’ve decided before hand )
– Use Track 7 until you get the hang of it and then shift to doing it yourself when comfortable.
|Informal Practice||Be aware in detail of one unpleasant or stressful event each day
– recording the same way as in week 2
|Formal Practice||Continue Mindful yoga, mindfulness of the breath, and mindfulness of the breath and body (Tracks 3, 4 and 5)
– Tune in especially to feelings of pleasantness or unpleasantness moment to moment during your practice.
– If strong feelings arise – experiment responding more skilfully and gently to what is difficult or unwanted as opposed to reacting
Continue breathing space practice 3 times a day
|Informal Practice||Experiment with dealing with stressful or unwanted moments with doing your own 3 minute breathing space whenever you become aware that you are having a difficulty being present or are becoming unhappy stressed etc.|
|Formal Practice||Suspend Mindful Yoga ( you can continue if you care to)
Practice mindfulness of breath and breath and body (Track 4 & 5)
– Upon completion of your daily practice turn off the session and continue by deliberately bringing a difficulty or concern to mind
3 minute breathing space 3 times a day and anytime you become aware of unpleasant feelings
|Informal Practice||Deal with stressful or unwanted moments with doing your own 3 minute breathing space whenever you become aware that you are having a difficulty being present or are becoming unhappy stressed etc.|
|Formal Practice||Mindfulness of Breath, Mindfulness of Breath and Body, Mindfulness of Sounds and Thoughts (Tracks 4, 5 and 6)
– You will be guided into Choiceless Awareness at the end of Track 6, after which continue on your own by shutting off the track.
Finish off with a 3 minute breathing space Track 7
Continue with 3 minute breathing space 3 times a day
|Informal Practice||Deal with stressful or unwanted moments with doing your own 3 minute breathing space whenever you become aware that you are having a difficulty being present or are becoming unhappy stressed etc.
– This week you might like to focus particularly on the thoughts during this unpleasant time – you can follow the exercise of “opening the thought door”
|Formal Practice||To encourage self-directed practice – alternate days are devoted to self-practice without the guided tracks (40 minutes a combination of sitting, mindful yoga and body scan)
– you can decide to mix them up yourself ie. 10 minutes mindful yoga, 20 minutes of sitting and 10 minutes of a body scan at another time of the same day. Etc.
– Another day 10 minutes of mindfulness of breath and the rest of the time sitting in Choiceless awareness.
Alternate days using same practice as Week 6 (Tracks 4, 5 and 6) followed by continuing with optional Choiceless awareness or just returning to an awareness of the breath.
|Informal Practice||Continue with regular breathing spaces 3 times a day
– when responding to unpleasant events with the breathing space focus this week on the option of “opening the door of skilful action”
Is the time to decide what, for you will be the pattern of daily mindfulness practice that you will settle into for the future.
A good time to revisit all the formal practices including the body scan going from tracks 1 – 7
It is best to choose one or more of these practices in your day without using any guidance at all.
|Formal Practice||Your own
– End of formal recommendations of personal practice but marks that this is the beginning of practicing entirely on your own – really represents the rest of your life, it is a new beginning as much as a noteworthy completion not really an end of anything – life keeps unfolding the breath keeps flowing, our moments keep unfolding.
|Informal Practice||Using the “Breathing Space” as an essential tool throughout your daily practice.|