Learning the life-skills needed to pacify the “reaction response” we usually have in stressful situations, you decrease the amount of cortisol release. Cortisol is the bad stress hormone that causes us to react and lash out in a state of confusion rather than centered poise, it is also a major cause of obesity because it absorbs in the fat layer around your stomach, and cortisol is a major contributor to heart disease.
Sessions effortlessly guide you to experience a non-judgmental witnessing of your emotions, thoughts and physical sensations increasing an overall sense of self-awareness and ability to return to the present moment in a state of relaxed awareness on command.
Topics that will be covered include:
• guided mindfulness meditation practices
• gentle stretching and mindful yoga
• group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
• weekly exercises that bring you to the present moment and a state of relaxed awareness
• use of home practice materials including guided mindfulness practice CDs and a workbook
With this state of relaxed awareness of your thoughts, emotions and body sensations, comes resilience; a new perspective and new possibilities for skillfully responding, rather than automatically reacting.